Monday 14 March 2016

The Simpsons Quotes, Part Two

These are the other quotes I use most often.

Part one here.

Images from frinkiac.com!



Stupider... like a fox is the comeback for when your cunning plan or brilliant argument is dismissed because the other person isn't seeing the subtle undertones and true genius of what you're saying. This happens to me a lot.



The ironing is delicious is what one says when a state of affairs or an event seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is wryly amusing as a result. Or if you have 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.



It's funny 'cause it's true - this one is pretty self-explanatory. You can occasionally use it when things that aren't true are funny, just to keep everyone on their toes.



Dig up is for when a person says something controversial or offensive that gets them in trouble, and then gets into even more trouble trying to explain their way out of it. I don't use the stupid part, as I prefer to say it like I'm sympathethically offering the person desperately needed advice.



Now let us never speak of it again is my proclamation at the end of something that happened but not as planned. Recent examples have been a mental shopping trip where the boys screamed up and down the aisles, or paying for fast food at the drive thru, then forgetting to collect the food, and having to turn around and come back to the store.



And here I am, using my legs like a sucker is when you discover you've been doing something completely unnecessary because there is a faster or lazier way. You can substitute other words for "legs" too.



What a time to be alive is best used when there is noted but trivial progress. For example, a few weeks ago I noticed a new location for a pizza shop close to my house. I get pizza delivered anyway so the location is actually meaningless. But, what a time to be alive.



Uh-oh, spaghettio's is what I say when my kids do something clumsy but inconsequential, like dropping a plastic fork. I also use it when bad things are about to happen on TV shows and movies - like when the suspenseful music hits. It's from an episode where there is a TV show with a character named Homer Simpson that is a bumbling cop, leading to ridicule for Homer. Making it worse is that in the pilot episode the Homer Simpson cop character had been cool, with a catchphrase to match: And that's the end of that chapter. Which it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment